Chef Hilda Baci is a popular Nigerian chef, internet personality, and YouTuber who rose to prominence after coming out to challenge the Guinness Book of Record for the longest cooking time.
20 Facts About Chef Hilda Baci
20 things to know about Hilda Baci and her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking
- Hilda Baci’s real name is Hilda Bassey Effiong. She is a young Nigerian chef.
- Hilda Baci is a native of Akwa Ibom State.
- She owns a food brand in Lagos called “My Food by Hilda.”
- Hilda Baci is not yet married.
- She will be cooking for 4 days non-stop to set a new record.
- She must stand to cook, she is not permitted to sit while cooking.
- She’s not allowed to take coffee, stimulants, or any energy drink to artificially boost her energy and bodily strength while cooking. She’s allowed to eat food, drink water or fruit juice, and take glucose.
- The cooking is taking place at Amore Gardens, Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria.
- She cooks round the clock, no sleep (Morning, afternoon, evening, and night. So, for 4 nights, she won’t sleep)
- She has just 5 minutes rest per hour [meaning for every 1 hour, she is entitled to just 5 minutes rest or break, that’s an hour break in every 12 hours.
- Whatever she cooks is shared to the people at the venue for FREE. She is not selling the food.
- She cooks different meals simultaneously. She is at liberty to cook any meal she likes. There are no restrictions as to what she can cook or not cook. The World Record title is about cooking within a time frame, not about what is cooked. As long as she is cooking, she is on track.
- Every meal cooked and every plate served is recorded. She has cooked over 120 meals so far with almost 3,010 portions.
- She started the cooking on Thursday and is expected to complete the target time frame by Monday May 15, 2023 evening.
- The current holder of the title Hilda seeks to break is an Indian chef Lata Tandon, who set a Guinness World Record for cooking for 87 hours and 45 minutes non-stop in 2019.
- To break the record, Hilda Baci is attempting to cook for 96 hours, using extra 9 hours to break the world record as the first human on earth to spend such an amount of time cooking a marathon.
- She tagged the cooking project “Cook-a-thon”, a phrase literally coined from the word “marathon”
- There is an audience around where she is cooking.
- Most of the food items, ingredients, utensils, etc she used for this project are provided by her sponsors. So, the money expended on this project is not 100% from Hilda Baci or her Food brand.
- Uber, one of her partners, is offering a 40% discounted ride to the venue for people who wish to join and cheer her up at the venue.
What do you think about the challenge?
Leave a Reply