Ruth Kadiri, born March 24, 1988, is a Nigerian actress, screenwriter, and film producer. She was born and raised in Benin City, Edo State, where she hails from. She came into the spotlight after playing a key role in her first movie, Boys Cot, and has since featured in more than 100 movies.
|Full Name:||Ruth Kadiri|
|Date of Birth:||March 24, 1988 (34 years old)|
|Place of Birth:||Benin City|
|State of Origin:||Edo State|
|Occupation:||Actress & Filmmaker|
|Net Worth:||$1 million|
Early Life and Education
Ruth Kadiri Ezerigbe, the first of Mr. and Mrs. Kadiri’s two children, was born on March 24, 1988, in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. She grew raised in Ajegunle, Lagos, with her mother and younger sister.
Ruth holds two degrees from the University of Lagos, one in Mass Communication and the other in Business Administration from Yaba College of Technology.
Ruth Kadiri went to a writing school after graduating from university to study how to write scripts.
Ruth’s enthusiasm for acting began in the church, and she saw her work as a duty to God. Ruth used to compose stories in high school, and she began writing before going to auditions. Wale Adenuga Studios was her first audition.
Ruth Kadiri created her first script, Wild and Dirty, shortly after graduating from writing school. She eventually began appearing in her own films as an actress.
Boys Cot was her debut film as an actress. She has appeared in over a hundred films and has also written and co-authored a number of them.
- In Your Arms (2017)
- Black Bride (2017)
- We Cheats More (2017)
- WET by Ruth Kadiri (2018)
- Tripod by Ruth Kadiri (2018)
- Black Men Rock (2018)
- Love is Beautiful (2019)
- The Dumb Wife (2020)
- Too Old for Love (2020)
- Tears of Rejected Seed (2020)
Ruth Kadiri Net Worth
Ruth Kadiri is a talented Nigerian actress, screenwriter, and film producer with an estimated net worth of $1 million.
Awards and Recognition
- Actress of the Year at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards 2015
- Best On-screen Duo with Majid Michel at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA) – 2015
- Nomination for Best Actress at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA) – 2015
- Nomination for Best Female Viewers Choice at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA) nominee – 2015
- Best of Nollywood Awards nominee for the Best Kiss in A Movie – 2015
- Best Actress of the Year (English) at the City People Movie Award – 2018
- Nomination for Best Movie Producer of the Year (English) at the City People Movie Award – 2018
- Face of Nollywood (English) nomination at the City People Movie Award nominee – 2018
- Best Female Actor Award at the Intellect Awards – 2019
- Nomination for Best Movie African Collaborations at the Ghana Movies Awards – 2019
- Nomination for Best Actress African Collaboration at the Ghana Movies Awards – 2019
Ruth kept her romance a secret until December 2017, when she posted on her social media page that she was engaged. Kadiri celebrated her daughter’s first birthday on August 26, 2020.
Ruth Kadiri is married to Mr. Ezerika and has a daughter named Reign Ezeribe.
Ruth Kadiri is the elder sister of fellow Nollywood actress, movie producer and entrepreneur, Precious Ehis Kadiri.