Chris Pratt Biography
Christopher Michael Pratt, born June 21, 1979, better known as Chris Pratt, is a popular American actor best known for his roles in television and action films. He rose to prominence as Andy Dwyer in the NBC sitcom Parks and Recreation and as Bright Abbott in the drama series Everwood.
|Real Name:||Christopher Michael Pratt|
|Date of Birth||June 21, 1979|
|Place of Birth:||Virginia, Minnesota, USA|
|Net Worth||$80 million|
Early Life and Education
Chris Pratt was born on June 21, 1979 as Christopher Michael Pratt, in Virginia, Minnesota, USA. He is the youngest son of Kathleen Louise and Daniel Clifton Pratt.
His father worked in mining until his death in 2014. His mother, who is of Norwegian descent, worked at Safeway.
When he was only seven years old, his family relocated to Lake Stevens, Washington. He attended Community College but dropped out halfway through to work as a discount ticket salesman.
Pratt used to work at a restaurant in Maui before becoming famous. He began acting after being discovered by actress Rae Dawn Chong, who cast him in her directorial debut, Cursed Part 3.
He rose to prominence as Bright Abbott on the television series Everwood. Following that, he appeared in the 2008 action film Wanted.
He rose to prominence in 2009 as Andy Dwyer on the NBC comedy series Parks and Recreation. He received more attention for his role as Josh Faraday in The Magnificent Seven.
He also appeared in films such as Jennifer’s Body, Moneyball, and Movie 43.
He has also appeared in Passengers, The Magnificent Seven, Fallen Kingdom, and Jurassic World.
List of movies acted by Chris Pratt is as listed below:
- Bride Wars
- Jennifer’s Body
- Strangers With Candy
- Deep in the Valley
- Movie 43
- Jurassic World
- The Tomorrow War
- The Magnificent Seven
- Take Me Home Tonight
Chris Pratt has received numerous awards such as:
Award and Nominations
- Breakthrough Performer of the Year at CinemaCon Awards (2014)
- Best Ensemble at Detroit Film Critics Society (2014)
- Best Actor at Saturn Awards (2015)
- Best Action Performance at MTV Movie Awards (2016)
- Choice Summer Movie Actor at Teen Choice Awards (2018)
He has earned several nominations which include:
- Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series at Critics’ Choice Television Award (2013)
- Super Superhero at Young Hollywood Awards (2014)
- Best Actor in an action movie at Critics’ Choice Movie Awards (2015)
- Best Comedic Performance at MTV Movie Awards (2015)
- Favorite Movie Actor at Kids’ Choice Awards (2016)
- Best Actor at Saturn Awards (2016)
Pratt started dating actress Anna Faris on the set of Take Me Home Tonight in 2007 and got engaged in 2008 before eventually getting married on July 9, 2009 in Bali, Indonesia. They welcomed their son, Jack, in August 2012.
Both Pratt and Anna went their separate ways in 2017 and finalized their divorce in 2018.
However, Pratt started dating author Katherine Schwarzeneger in June 2018. Katherine is the daughter of Hollywood‘s legend, Arnold Schwarzenegger.
They got engaged on January 13, 2019 and they married on June 8, 2019 in Montecito, California. The couple welcomed their first child together, Lyla Maria, in August 2020
- Instagram: @prattprattpratt
- Twitter: @prattprattpratt