DCP Abba Kyari Biography
Abba Alhaji Kyari born March 17, 1975, better known as Abba Kyari, is a Deputy Commissioner of Police and a member of the Inspector General of Police’s Intelligence Response Team (IGP-IRT). He is from Maiduguri, Borno State, and is also a member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP).
|Abba Alhaji Kyari
|Date of Birth:
|March 17, 1975
|Place of Birth:
|Maiduguri, Borno State
|State of Origin:
|Ramatu Yakubu Kyari
Early Life and Career
Abba Kyari was enrolled to the Police Academy Wudil in Kano State in 2000, graduated as a cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP), and was sent to the Adamawa State Police Command for a one-year required attachment in the Song Police Division.
Kyari then served as Divisional Crime Officer (DCO) in Numan, Adamawa State, and as Unit Commander 14 PMF Yola. He then became the Officer-in-Charge of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad at the Lagos State Police Command (SARS).
Until the revelation of his involvement with the infamous alleged Nigerian fraudster (Ramon Abbas), popularly known as Hushpuppi, who is currently facing money laundering charges leveled against him by the US Government, which implicated DCP Abba Kyari as a party in an international scheme to defraud Qatari school founder and then launder over 1.1 million dollars in illicit proceeds, which led to his suspension, Abba Kyari was the head of the Inspector General of P.
On August 1, 2021, the Inspector General of Police, Usman Baba announced that Abba Kyari had been suspended from duty awaiting the outcome of an inquiry into his involvement in the Hushpuppi scandal.
The Inspector-General of Police, delivered the Kyari investigative panel findings to the Police Service Commission in December 2021.
10 Secret facts about the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari
- Abba got admission into Police Academy Wudil, Kano State in 2000 where he graduated as cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP).
- He is a member of the Inspector General of Police’s Intelligence Response Team and Deputy Commissioner of Police.
- Abba Kyari is a member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP).
- Abba Kyari previously worked with Lagos State Police Command as the Officer-In-Charge of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
- Abba Kyari is happily married with children.
- He was first posted to posted to Adamawa State Police Command for his one-year mandatory attachment in Song Police Division.
- He worked as as Divisional Crime Officer (DCO) in Numan, Adamawa State where he served as Unit Commander 14 PMF Yola.
- He was deployed to Lagos State Police Command as 2 IC and later Officer-In-Charge of Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
- In July 2021, Abba Kyari was linked with a fraud allegations with Hushpuppi.
- FBI ordered the arrest of Abba Kyari for alleged fraud with Hushpuppi.
DCP Abba Kyari Net Worth
The net worth of Abba Kyari is an estimated $1 million.
Abba Kyari Family
Abba Kyari is happily married to the love of his life, Ramatu Yakubu Kyari and the union has been blessed with children.
Abba is a top police officer in Nigeria with several decorations and awards after he led the team that arrested popular kidnappers, Evans and Wadume.
Thanks for reading, please share and don’t forget to drop your comments.