Joselyn Dumas Biography
Joselyn Canfor Dumas was born in Accra, Ghana, on 31 August 1980. Her mother, Bridget, was her primary caregiver.
When it comes to TV presenting, Joselyn Dumas is a household name. She has received all of the attention due to her exceptional abilities. Her acting career, which she excels at, puts her in the spotlight.
Joselyn Dumas worked as a paralegal before moving to Ghana to pursue her dream of becoming a television personality. She made her television debut as the host of Charter House’s Rhythmz, an entertainment show in which she interviewed numerous celebrities.
This France-born Ghanaian television host and actress, in 2014 starred in a A Northern Affair, a role that earned her a Ghana Movie Award and an Africa Movie Academy Award nomination for Best Actress.
|Real Name:||Joselyn Canfor Dumas|
|Date of Birth||August 31, 1980|
|Place of Birth:||Accra|
|Occupation:||Actress, producer, and TV personality|
|Net Worth||$1 million|
Early Life, Childhood and Education
Madam Bridget Dumas gave birth to Joselyn Dumas in Ghana on August 31, 1980. Her mother and father divorced soon after. Joselyn’s mother raised her as a single parent.
As a result, Joselyn Dumas spent her early childhood in Accra and received her primary education at Morning Star School. Whereas the actress does not mention her father, she lavishes praise on her mother for raising her and shaping her into the woman she is today.
For her secondary education, the actress attended Arch Bishop Porters Girls High School. During this time, she developed an interest in entertainment and honed her skills.
She went to the United States after high school to study for 8 years and earn a degree in Administrative Law. Dumas worked as a paralegal until she moved to Ghana.
When she returned to Ghana, she was supposed to enroll in a law school for a year, after which she would be called to the bar, but she was drawn into media practice instead, abandoning law.
It was around 2008 when Joselyn was taken to Charterhouse by Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD), a long-serving radio presenter and close family friend. This led to her television debut as the host of Charter House’s Rhythmz, an entertainment show in which she interviewed numerous celebrities.
That same year, she co-produced Miss Malaika, a GTV reality beauty pageant that ran from 2008 to 2010. She produced and hosted Rhythmz for a year before being hand-picked by one of Ghana’s largest television networks to host The One Show, a feminine skewed talk show that tackled health, beauty, fashion, social issues, entertainment, and personality interviews and aired from 2010 to 2014.
Joselyn currently hosts two television talk shows: @Home with Joselyn Dumas and Keeping It Real With Joselyn Dumas.
Joselyn began her acting career while working on television. ‘You have to be a good actor to be a good presenter; the two go hand in hand,’ she says. Miss Dumas is a well-known actress in both Ghallywood and Nollywood. She has worked with some of Africa’s most talented actors, including John Dumelo, Majid Michel of Ghana, and OC Ukeje of Nigeria. Perfect Picture, Adams Apples, A Sting in a Tale, Northern Affair, The Genesis, and, most recently, Potato Potahto are among her most notable films.
Joselyn Dumas is also the founder and CEO of Virgo Sun Company Limited, a production company that has already co-produced its first film, Love or Something Like That, which has been endorsed by UNAIDS. She hopes to produce and invest in more television programs or series, such as V Republic, an edgy television series produced by Sparrow Productions and executive produced by VirgoSun. She is also the current cover girl for the Schick Magazine’s Lifestyle Issues
Below is Joselyn Dumas‘ Filmography:
- 2009 – Perfect Picture as Cameo Role
- 2009 – A Sting in a Tale as Esi
- 2011 – Adams Apples as Jennifer Adams
- 2011 – Bed of Roses as Medical Doctor
- 2012 – Peep as Detective
- 2014 – A Northern Affair as Esaba
- 2014 – Lekki Wives (season 2) as Aisha
- 2014 – Love or Something Like That as Dr Kwaaley Mettle
- 2014 – V Republic as Mansa
- 2015 – Silver Rain as Adjoa
- 2015 – The Cartel as Agent Naana
- 2016 – Shampaign as Naana Akua Quansah
- 2017 – Potato Potahto as Lulu
- 2019 – Cold feet as Omoye
- 2019 – Perfect Picture – Ten Years Later as Flora Gaisie
The hippy Ghanaian actress has won many awards which include:
- 2012 Radio and Television Personality Awards (RTP) Best Entertainment Host of the Year
- 2013 4syte TV Hottest Ghanaian Celebrity
- 2013 Ghana Movie Awards (GMA) Best Supporting Actress
- 2013 City People Entertainment Awards Stellar Contribution to the Movie & Media Industry in Africa Tremendous Growth in the Movie Industry
- 2014 All Africa Media Networks Outstanding Personality in Creative Entrepreneurship
- 2014 Ghana Movie Awards Best Actress in a Lead Role
- 2015 GN Bank Awards Best Actress
- 2015 Blog Ghana Awards Best Instagram Page
- 2016 Golden Movie Awards Best Actress, TV Series
- 2016 Ghana Make-Up Awards Most Glamorous Celebrity
- 2016 Shortlisted Among Africas Top 3 women in Entertainment
- 2018 IARA UK Best Actress
Joselyn Dumas was previously married, divorced, and has a child. All of this occurred years ago, while she was living in the United States. Although Joselyn Dumas has not publicly stated the exact reasons for her first marriage’s demise, she has previously stated that her young age and inexperience were among the factors that contributed to it failing.
When asked about her previous marriage, the beautiful actress described it as “a nice experience” that will make her more patient and tolerant when she marries again.
Also, the actress has confirmed that she had dated John Dumelo, a Ghanaian actor for 2 years some years ago after they acted in about three movies together. This was after she had earlier denied and said she cannot date someone in the same industry with her.