5 Facts about Nnamdi Okonkwo’s First Bank appointment
The holding company of First Bank of Nigeria, FBN Holdings Plc, has appointed Nnamdi Okonkwo as its new group managing director (GMD).
This was made known in a statement by Seyi Kosoko, the company secretary, announced his appointment on Thursday October 28, 2021.
This is coming after of U.K. Eke, who has completed his two-term tenure voluntarily retired on August 10, 2021.
The statement reads:
5 Things you need to know about Nnamdi Okonkwo First Bank Appointment
- Okonkwo is the former managing director and chief executive officer (CEO) of Fidelity Bank of Nigeria Plc.
- He has more than 30 years of banking experience spanning local and international experience.
- Nnamdi Okonkwo’s appointment is subject to approval by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
- There were controversy since Femi Otedola acquired 5.07% stake of First Bank bank, making him the single largest shareholder.
- Okonkwo was appointed after U. K. Eke voluntarily retired.