With coronavirus disease spreading rapidly, people have been forced to learn how to put on face mask properly in order to prevent the disease.
The deadly coronavirus disease has caused a lot of deaths around the world with scientists still looking for a proven cure.
Many people do not know how to put on face mask and it is cause for concern as this will increase the rate of coronavirus cases.
Proper wearing of face mask helps stop the spread of covid-19 and other infectious diseases.
ALSO READ: How to say hello in Nigeria
There are communicable diseases that can transfer from one person to another but with the help of face mask the spread will be controlled.
What is a face mask
A face mask is a small portable mask designed to prevent infections in patients and treating personnel by catching bacteria shed in liquid droplets and aerosols from the wearer’s mouth and nose.
A face mask is intended to be worn by health professionals during healthcare procedures.
The use of face mask is approved by World Health Organization (WHO).
Types of face mask
There are two types of face mask which people are currently using to prevent disease such as coronavirus.
1. Medical (or surgical) masks
Medical or surgical mask is a mask that is meant for health professionals which is designed to prevent infections.
When you visit the hospital or health facilities you will see health professionals wearing medical/surgical mask.
Health professionals wear this mask in order to stay safe, prevent themselves from contracting infectious diseases.
2. N95 particle respirator masks
N95 Respirator masks is meant for the public use to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease and other respiratory diseases.
The respirator mask has helped in curbing the spread of the deadly disease as wearing face mask is now mandatory in some part of the world.
How to put on face mask
This is the most important part of this post as you will learn how to put on face mask properly in order to prevent the spreading of coronavirus disease.
Without proper use of the face mask will result in getting infections or spreading infections so it is advisable to wear the face mask properly.
Follow the steps below to learn how to put on face mask in order to stay safe from covid-19.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Dry your hands with a clean paper towel and throw the paper towel away.
- Check the mask for any defects such as a tear or missing tie or ear loop. Throw away anyone that is bad.
- Make sure the exterior (usually yellow or blue) side of the mask is facing out, away from your face.
- Place the mask on your face with the blue side facing out and the stiff, bendable edge at the top by your nose.
- If the mask has ear loops, put one loop around each ear.
- If the mask has ties, pick up the mask by the ties and tie the upper ties behind your head with a bow.
- Once the mask is in place, use your index finger and thumb to pinch the bendable top edge of the mask around the bridge of your nose.
- If the mask has a lower tie, then once the mask is fitted to the bridge of your nose, tie the lower ties behind your head with a bow.
- Make sure the mask is completely secure. Make sure it covers your nose and mouth so that the bottom edge is under your chin.
How to remove face mask
- Make sure you wash your hands before removing the mask.
- Do not touch the inside of the mask (the part over nose and mouth). It may be contaminated from your breathing, coughing or sneezing.
- Untie or remove the ear loops and remove the mask by the straps.
- Dispose the mask into trash bin and wash your hand.
Some face mask can be use different times but you need to follow the guidelines in making it hygienically good for use.
If you are using a reusable cloth mask, make sure at the end of the day you take the mask off from the straps without touching the front.
Place in a pillowcase to keep the ties with the mask.
Wash it in the washing machine with hot water and completely dry it on medium or high heat. You can use electric iron to dry it.
Thanks for reading I believe you now know how to put on face mask in a proper way.
Feel free to comment if you have question or opinion.