Hushpuppi case has been transferred to California for further trial
Suspected Nigerian fraudster, Ramoni Abbas popularly known as Hushpuppi has been transferred from Chicago to California for trial.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) accused Hushpuppi of funding his extravagant lifestyle from “hundreds of millions of dollars” from business email compromise frauds and other scam
This is coming after he hired top Chicago lawyer, Gal Pissetzky of the Pissetzky & Berliner law firm as his attorney.
- [Edo: Jubilant Obaseki’s Supporter Falls From A Moving Vehicle Photos]
- [17-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Raping 2 Sisters, Aged 5 & 7 In Bauchi]
- [Edo Election: Our Officials Rectifying Network Challenges – INEC]
- [EFCC Arrests Two Lecturers For Internet Fraud In Kwara, Herbalist On The Run]
- [Edo Election Obaseki’s Deputy, Shaibu Loses LG To APC]
Hushpuppi case gets complicated
Hushpuppi case is now getting complicated as he was recently denied bail by a Chicago court which ordered that he remains in detention till his next trial date later in the year.
He has now settled for a government lawyer after his case was transferred to another district.
Justice Gilbert who presided over his case in Chicago had said;
“Accordingly, Defendant is ordered removed to the Central District of California in the custody of the U.S. Marshal forthwith. As provided by 18 U.S.C. § 3142(f), Defendant is remanded to the custody of the U.S. Marshal and shall remain in custody until further order of the Court.”
Hushpuppi was moved to California on Tuesday July 14, as confirmed by transfer documents signed by Thomas G. Bruton, the Clerk of the U.S Court in Chicago